A look into the mind of a man that can only hear out of his right ear when in the presence of the beautiful animals that are dolphins.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

My day...

The last time the Utah Jazz and the BYU Cougars played a basketball game in the same night very nearly became the worst night of all time.

The day started and I’ve never felt better. That only lasted for about thirty seconds. After I woke up and realized that my roommate had clogged the toilet the night before and still had yet to do anything about it my day began to take a slide for the worst.

I went to school and quickly realized that my class had been canceled. Therefore I made the trek to the beautiful campus of Utah Valley University. I then got back to my car and fired it up to head back home. No more than 20 seconds later as I was pulling into the street a small puppy ran in the road and made a car swerve in my direction. Not only did the car hit the puppy, bet me as well.

So a puppy’s life had just been taken and my car got hit by another vehicle trying to hit a puppy, which didn’t even happen. I then came to the realization that I drove there for nothing due to a canceled class, and then got in a wreck.

With all of the rage in the world I got out of my car. The first thing I saw when I got out of the car was a small stone on the road. I picked it up and threw it in anger. Not thinking straight I threw it in the direction of multiple parked cars. The stone cut through the air like a knife as it approached the window of a Range Rover. Do you think I had the luck of it missing the window? Surprisingly yes…. But it hit the door solid enough to make on hell of a dent. Which I still have not said anything to anyone about. If that was your black Range Rover with Nevada plates.. My apologies.

After everything there was cleared up I drove home to get ready for my intramural basketball game. We were undefeated to this point so I thought my day would get a little better. Boy was I wrong. We got beat by four and I almost punched some little pansy in the face. The man had the Napoleon Complex. You know.. When a small guy thinks he’s the greatest person to walk the earth. Ya, one of those.

After the game we came home to partake in a Jazz basketball game on TV. They were well on their way to losing. Being my favorite team I fell into a deeper depression than I’ve felt in years. As the final buzzer sounded I felt like I need not one Prozac, but an entire bottle.

I had one more hope and it was in the hands of the BYU Cougars. They were behind the entire game, but tied it up at the buzzer to go to overtime. The Cougars pulled it out and saved me from falling into a depression that I would never have been able to climb out of.

The Cougars play tonight in the first round of the NCAA Tournament and the Jazz play the Los Angeles Lakers. Tomorrow we play our first post season game in intramurals. This is the chance to redeem the worst day of my life and climb back on top. Though the puppy can’t be saved I’ve written the Utah Jazz and the BYU Cougars and asked them to dedicate tonight’s games to our long lost little friend.

Everything is this story was made up besides the basketball games. Anything that has to do with a sport is true. Anything that has to do with a puppy or car wrecks or missing class was a lie. Sorry.

2 comments:

Shana said...

I felt sick about the puppy. I can't believe you did that to me. And your other faithful readers.

JordanGuy said...

Guy, I had no idea you had that kind of day. My personal sympathies to you and that bitch (the dog).