A look into the mind of a man that can only hear out of his right ear when in the presence of the beautiful animals that are dolphins.

Monday, January 7, 2008

Livin La Vida Loca

Here I am continuing my endeavours on writing a successful blog. I've come to a conclusion, and it is this. It's going to be hard to write in a blog multiple times a week. I realize that I'll have to start getting a little creative on things to write about.

Being creative is such a huge part of writing anything. And if you're going to be good at writing, it's something that you have to be. So lets start now, shall we?

Sometimes after I do something, I look back and say, "Why in the world did I just do that?" This could go many ways. For instance, about two weeks ago, I bought a pair of fairly expensive pants. I have been deciding if I like them or not since the time of the purchase. I recently decided that I am going to return them. I feel when spending that kind of money on something, I should love them with all my heart. But I don't, so they will go back.

The pants thing is something small in comparison to other choices that we make that we might question. I've learned a little something about myself lately, and it is that any decision I make, I learn something from it. Whether it be big or small, important or trivial, if I pay attention to the outcome and the results of the decision I've made there is always something to be learned.

I can't speak for everyone, but I think there's so much to be learned from everyday choices in life. We don't make so called BIG decisions everyday of our life, but we for sure make lots of decisions everyday. It's kind of neat to sit back and see the outcome or results of little decisions made. Who knows, little decisions may turn into a big outcome.

I've seen it with me recently. Making a little decision that you or someone else may think is trivial and doesn't matter much, could turn out to be an amazing thing! On the other hand, it could give you all kinds of grief.

I guess the point of this entry is, try not to let good lessons pass by without being used to better who you are as person. There are so many ways to learn and become better, if we open our eyes and use all we can learn. Looking back at choices we make, big or small, is just one way to learn more about ourselves and maybe in the long run, be a little happier.

On a lighter note, the mustache I have in this picture was a bad choice! I wanted to meet some girls on Halloween, and that for sure detoured me from accomplishing my goal! Ron Burgundy doesn't get as many chicks as they portray on the movie!

1 comment:

Chris and Em said...

Mike, what an interesting blog you have. haha but i love this picture of you with the mustache .....wonderful