A look into the mind of a man that can only hear out of his right ear when in the presence of the beautiful animals that are dolphins.

Friday, January 4, 2008

Am I really doing this?

Hello.. My name is Michael Carl Hawker. I'm 22 years old. I was born in Oregon, later I moved to Utah. I did most of my growing up in the great state of the Beehive.


I like to think of myself as an open book. Not an encyclopedia or anything like that though, those are to complicated to represent me. I'm more like an open children's book, pretty simple. I enjoy the small things in life. For example, ants, nerds (the candy), peanuts, thumb tacks, small people. You get it, the small things in life? Everything I mentioned is small. As you might be able to tell, I enjoy to joke and have fun. I am quite sarcastic and often find myself in trouble due to it.



The reason I titled this entry, "Am I Really Doing This," is because I've always thought that blogging was a somewhat gay epidemic that has recently swept the world of mass communication. But here I am now, writing an entry for my own blog. The reason behind this madness is explainable. I've recently begun a new semester. In one of my classes we were informed that if we keep a regular blog, we can earn 5% extra credit. That being said, the only reason I'm doing this is to get 105% in the class. We all know that I'll for sure have 100%. Then if you do the math and add 5% it becomes 105%.


I'm not a very good writer at the moment, but the blog is supposed to be used to show how my writing is improving over the time in the class. I love to write, I just need to somehow join the love with skill and acquired talent.


Wish me luck and and let me know if you have any suggestions on how I can better my skills as a writer.


PS, I'm a PR major and when I got into the major I thought it meant relations such as kissing, hugging, and making out in public. Boy was I wrong! There's so much more to it than that! My bad!!

No comments: