A look into the mind of a man that can only hear out of his right ear when in the presence of the beautiful animals that are dolphins.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Still Awake.. What The?




Nearly two in the morning and here I am... Still awake. For some reason I am still awake and feeling good. Though I'm the only one in my apartment awake. I'm sitting here on my couch watching Roger Lodge (the host of the most amazing TV show blind date) live the American Dream! I mean lets be honest... Does it get any better than commentating on the worst dates in the history of the world? NO!!! In all honesty I can't take the show, but it's late and the pro-active infomercials all long played out in my eyes.

Besides terrible TV or infomercials, I do have something weighing heavily on my mind. I have this roommate. I love him to death. He's 18 and a freshman at BYU. He's a super smart young man, and I totally understand that he's in a different situation in the sense that he's the only one in the apartment that hasn't served an LDS mission and is younger than 22. Among other things, he's pretty different than the rest of us.

I get along with the man very very well. We sleep in the same room and he's great, we have tons of fun! But... There's one thing that I've been having a hard time with.

He and I share the the downstairs bathroom. Everything had been great except for the last month! I don't know if it's been the mans diet of only double stuffed peanut butter Oreos and chocolate fudge Pop Tarts or just the mere fact that he's struggling from a case of the plugs, but he's been plugging the freakin toilet everyday for the last month! I didn't think it was physically possible!

One incident pushed me over the edge. I went to pee on night and the toilet was full of black nasty water that he just let sit and for one reason or another didn't take care of it. I left it thinking he would plunge it in the morning.... Nope, guess who had to do it! You guessed right, ME!!!!
I've been being the nice guy that I think I am and plunging the toilet for him. But after about three and a half weeks of plunging another mans feces, I decided I've had enough.

I went to use the bathroom once again, surprise, surprise, the toilet's plugged! AHHHHHH!! I went and hunted the man down and told him what he had done. The man then had the audacity to claim to me that it wasn't him! He's the only other one that uses the bathroom! I then proceeded to plunge the toilet, feeling like vomiting the entirety of the time!

I have been wanting to catch him in the act SO bad. I then heard the toilet flush after he had dropped the cosbys off at the pool, I went back and acted like I had to use the bathroom. What do ya know, the toilet had been flushed and was flowing to the top!!! I cornered the man and told him what he had done. He then went on saying, "It was already like that, I just added to it..." Are you freaking kidding me!?! I don't care if you plug the toilet up a thousand times a day as long as you claim it and take care of it yourself! It's more embarrassing to lie about it than to do the act itself!
I had had enough, so I nicely told him to go plunge his shiz (no pun intended). I went upstairs to pee and heard him plunging the down stairs toilet. All I know is it sounded super messy and I was hoping there wasn't water spraying everywhere. That would be terrible!!

I then go down to check the work of the bandit clogger... What do you know, I walk in the bathroom to dirty poop water EVERYWHERE!! Where does the man get off? Then to top it off, I flush the crapper and the toilet's not even un-plugged! He just splashed the entirety of the toilet bowl of water all over the floor and surrounding porcelain!

I proceeded to plunge the remainder of the toilet and make it a sanitary place to live and use the bathroom. I won't lie, I was beside myself the whole entire time and still am brewing over this.
I am putting of going back to my bathroom because I'm afraid I'm going to come across a dirty and clogged toilet bowl. That's something that I wouldn't be able to handle at this time of night. I would for sure leave a nice little hate note sitting on the toilet or maybe stapled to his nose for him when he wakes up!

I am vowing to never plunge a poop-filled toilet of a roommates ever again! The only thing that would constitute me doing that for someone else is if they are paralyzed and can't do it themselves, or I am madly in love with someone that has recently been injured and doesn't have the capability to do it herself! And that's for sure not going to happen with my roommate!

Wish me luck on this matter.... Or wish him luck on this manner because if it keeps happening, there's going to be some major plunging lessons going on!



No comments: